Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Gratitude


Got only one thing on my mind tonight -- a thank you.  Dr. Rick and the Burners invited me to sit in for several songs at their gig tonight here in Houston and, yes, I was honored. Fantastic band -- not blasting/muddled, but sharp and clear and just plain fantastic.

Dr. Rick has been extremely kind to me since I had a "coming out" party as a revived player at The Big Easy a few nights ago, and the invitation's just one example. And I can't say enough about the players. I'm used to running into some pretty severe ego measured in  pounds per square inch in bands and amongst musicians, but these were flat out the nicest people I could hope to paratroop down into.

They have a regular spot over at Papadeux here in Houston on Friday nights on Richmond for the next few weeks, and I canNOT resist telling you to make plans.


0 comments:

Post a Comment