Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

First Getting You Started Lesson


Ok, there are great lessons out on the Net for intermediate and advanced players of the blues harp. But what if you have been listening and figure playing the harp is like learning calculus. Not quite. The goal is to get yourself in touch with the music and the sense of playing it and down the road to make your thoughts and emotions known through the medium of the blues harp.


Well, let me introduce you to Jon Gindick who has some of the best basic harmonica teachings I've ever come across. In fact, many years ago when I played a lot of Bob Dylan style folkie harmonica, I wanted to learn some blues. The concept behind it all was way beyond me -- and I picked up something he'd written who gave me this flash buddhalike insight into just the most basic principles to hang onto as I progressed. For that, I'm grateful.

Another example of that kind of miracle -- teaching me anything I can learn  -- is posted today. Now, if you take a moment to review the video with a C harp in hand, perhaps a lot of the mystery at the start of having a harmonica stuck in your mouth will clear up for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment